Most people these days heavily rely on conventional medicine and chemically produced pills, neglecting natural traditional medicine and natural remedies that our ancestors used.
For instance, honey, a popular folk medicine, is sweeter than sugar and is far healthier. It is a combination of two sugars, which is break down by our bodies much easier and faster. Being relatively low on the Glycemic index, it is absorbed in the bloodstream gradually.
According to one blog, honey has the ability to both promote and restore sleep by working on two levels.
First and foremost, it provides an appropriate supply of liver glycogen during the night when the stores are low and the body is fasting. As Fessenden notes, an average adult liver contains up 75-100 grams storage space for glycogen, which ranges depending on body sizes and gender.
During the day, the body consumes 10 grams of glycogen per hour, leaving the stores pretty much low by the time we go the bed at 11 p.m.
MORE THAN 40 INCREDIBLE HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW HONEY
- Boosts immunity
- Provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Offers antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Boosts energy levels and reduces fatigue
- Supports the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine
- It stimulates weight loss. For best results, drink warm water with honey and lemon every morning
- Although honey has more calories than sugar, it supports the digestion of fat stored in the body when consumed with warm water
- It improves blood flow, which in turn prevents heart disease
- Relieves a sore throat
- It restores eyesight. Mix two teaspoons of honey with carrot juice and drink on a regular basis
- Improves digestion and helps treat acid reflux
- Reduces both inflammation and pain
- Alkalizes body`s pH levels
- Contains phytonutrients which offer anti-tumor and cancer-preventing properties
- It disinfects wounds and soothes burns. Mix honey with garlic and apply the paste onto the wounds
- Kills off bacteria that cause acne
- It prevents low white blood cell count
- It combats pollen allergies. For this purpose, take a teaspoon of honey a few times a day a couple of months before the allergy season
- It helps flush out parasites from the colon and liver
- To cure hangover, mix 15 ml of honey with 70 ml of organic yogurt and 80 ml of orange juice
- To alleviate eczema, mix black pepper, honey, and ginger to create a salve that should be applied directly onto the skin
- It helps treat scalp problems and dandruff
- It treats gastrointestinal disorders and ulcers
- The combination of honey and cinnamon helps with arthritis. Massage the mixture onto the itching part of the body
- It boosts stamina in athletes
- It helps treat anxiety
- Reduces metabolic stress
- Treats toothache: Mix honey and cinnamon to make a paste and apply onto the aching tooth
- Clears the sinuses: Mix a teaspoon of ginger juice with a teaspoon of honey and drink two or three times daily
- Relieves morning sickness
- Moisturizes the skin
- Helps get rid of hiccups
- Helps with pink eye. Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of honey, heat it gently, allow it to cool, and drop the mixture in the affected eye with an eye dropper
- Take a tablespoon of honey in the morning to reduce hay fever
- Sip on half a glass of warm water with a few teaspoons of honey to relieve tension headache
- Add honey to bath water to soften skin
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey before bedtime to alleviate leg cramps
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water to get rid of bad breath
- Mix two tablespoons of honey with three tablespoons of cinnamon and 16 oz of tea to reduce cholesterol levels
When choosing honey, make sure it`s raw and organic as the heating during the manufacturing process destroys enzymes and nutrients. Locally grown raw honey is the best option as it contains the immune stimulating processes required for the body to adjust to its environment.