Forget the frozen box of Steak-umms. Make this low-cal Philly cheesesteak with grass-fed beef for vitamin C and iron.
Unhealthy 12-inch cheesesteaks (above) can contain upwards of 1,000 calories and 43 grams of fat.
Chew on This: Grass-fed beef – a great sorce of iron -has more omega 3s’ plus a meatier, richer flavor due to the cows grazing on grass instead of corn.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt, such as garlic or steak seasoning salt
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- 1/2 lb grass-fed flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 4 100% whole-wheat or gluten-free hot dog buns, toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese